I know I already talked much about IBS but you know why I always try to write about IBS? because somehow I want to help to those who are fighting with it and feeling helpless and miserable, I know the pain, I know the misery, yes! of course, it is not life-threatening but what about the misery, pain and low feeling? it just crushes your confidence and you feel that you are the weakest person, no but you are not, you are the strongest person who is fighting with this disorder, let us tell them who does not know anything about IBS, let us give some information about it.
what is irritable bowel syndrome? &
what are the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome or IBS? : symptoms may vary according to the type of IBS, but one symptom is common amongst all persons who are suffering from IBS and that is abdominal pain or stomach ache. no certain spot or area of can be told it also varies with the patient to patient but most of the people find that it pains at the lower abdomen. some symptoms of discomfort, bloating, feeling like stomach is always full(some person may feel he/she is hungry even after heavy meal) maybe he/she feels it because of the wrong signal by brain to gut, sharp pain in stomach only get relief after passing gas and many troubles they face with IBS. another thing is it seems that there is very less possibility of any connection of IBS and liver. because in IBS you do not lose your appetite in general.
what are the types of irritable bowel syndrome?
irritable bowel syndrome with constipation in short IBS C (C for constipation), irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea in short IBS D (D for diarrhea), irritable bowel syndrome with mixed symptoms means some time with constipation and sometimes with diarrhea which is more annoying and irritating.
what are the possible causes of IBS? nobody can tell the exact cause but many possible causes are there. ⊗ miscommunication between brain and gut is on number one position in this list. when you eat something food travels either too slow or too fast because of abnormal movement of the intestine. in diarrhea, it travels too fast and it does not give sufficient time for digestion and intestine cannot absorb the water in food too. it means when you have watery stool it means intestine cannot absorb the water and food passes as it comes. on the other hand in IBS C you food travels too slow and intestine absorbs more water from your food and stool gets hard. did you notice one thing? it means if we are successful to retain our intestine’s movement or if we can control the movement of our intestine we can control the IBS but how to do it, yes! we are searching for it.
⊗ SIBO is another possible cause SIBO means small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. SIBO and IBS symptoms in both cases are almost common except some symptoms.overgrowth of bacteria in small intestine yes! the small intestine is one through which your food comes and after that, it breaks down in very small particle or in liquid form, the liver releases some chemical or acid which is must digest the food, so if your small intestine is with overgrowth of bacteria it means difficult to digest your food properly.
⊗ overdose of antibiotics may kill the good bacteria in your stomach this may be the reason of IBS or any other gastrointestinal diseases. and please stay away from the antibiotics if possible.I mean for any minor disease or problem you should not use it because it may result in longterm bad effects on your stomach.
⊗ even healthy person feels discomfort in the stomach when he/she feels stressed or anxious, it means stress is the trigger for some persons while some say it is the major possible cause of IBS.
⊗ you were sick or ill for long period it may make your digestion poor, this is also the possible cause but not sure it is the cause or just people’s sayings.
how to manage it with some dos and don’t.
dos & don’t ♥ divide your meal into 3-4 times. ♣ don’t take large or heavy meals.
♥ don’t eat food with high protein and fats. ♣ always eat food with low fat and high carbs.
♥ don’t take dinner at late night or close to bedtime. ♣ eat dinner at least 3-4 hours before you go to bed.
♥ don’t stay awake for late night, your body needs time to digest the food. ♣ sleep early and wake up early was the mantra of good health.
♥ avoid stress ♣ daily practice different breathing techniques to avoid stress. ♦♦♦♦♦ dear friends, I especially noted the things in red color which should be avoided and noted those in green which must do every day. you can also make the same chart with dos and don’t and can stick it to your bedroom’s wall so it will work like the reminder for you. will you do it? at least will you think about making such type of chart? please think about it.♦♦♦♦♦
List of some ayurvedic medicines and remedies to control or cure IBS C and IBS D. first take a look at ayurvedic medicines for IBS D:
herbs and home remedies for IBS D
- dried bael fruit/Aegle Marmelos mixed with water and drink it 3 times/day remember not to take outer shell go for inner. better to search for how to prepare bael fruit juice. giving video link. for better results try dried bael.but if not available bael fruit juice is also a not bad idea.
- black tea mixed with lemon juice. how to cure diarrhea with black lemon tea.
- yogurt mix with psyllium Psyllium husk/Isabgol and eat this mixture.
- pomegranate is highly effective in diarrhea to eat fruit or drink the juice of pomegranate but the fruit is the better option.
- beetroot have the high amount of fiber and many more health benefits so daily include beetroot in your meal and drink plenty of water with it. to avoid diarrhea it is the best option with rich fiber.
let us see medicines/remedies for IBS C:
- castor oil.
- hot water with lemon as soon as you wake up.
- peppermint essential oil with coconut oil massage onto abdomen 3times a day.
we discussed medicines and remedies but without yoga or physical exercise you cannot get complete control so let us see which poses and asanas help you to control the irritable bowel syndrome.
poses for irritable bowel syndrome with constipation
- mayurasana: peacock pose.how to do mayurasana
- halasana: Plough pose how to do halasana
- pavanmuktasan: wind-relieving pose. how to do it
- butterfly pose: baddha konasana. how to do it
- sun-salutation: what is sun salutation
- cat-cow pose how to do it
- kapalbhati pose how to do it, how to do it with different style
poses for irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea
- Bharadwaja’s twist: Bharadvajasana how to do it
- boat pose: Paripurna Navasana how to do it
- Child pose: Balasana how to do it
- downward-facing dog pose: Adhomukhasvanasana: how to do it
- half-moon pose: Ardhachandrasana how to do it
- Marichasana: how to do it
- Sarvangasana how to do it
- Copse pose: Shavasana (to relax your nerves in brain and gut): how to do it
- kapalbhati – to strengthen your abdominal muscle
never never never eat the stale food I am specially requesting you this through strikethrough because it is very very harmful to your gut.
sorry friends post went so long. I know the little bit boring to read so long but I believe that if you want to help someone then do it with full heart ;-), I am giving video link for each pose and asanas so you no need to search for it and it will help you to learn these poses.
have a good day my dear friends and I hope you will get something useful for this post. and you are always welcome for any kind of suggestion and please add if you know more about how to cure irritable bowel syndrome, have a healthy and happy life friends take care and God bless you :-).